Wide-Eyed Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wide-Eyed Productions

Producers in video, music and film media

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hungry Hippo

Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:44 am

Righto guys in a rush of inspiration today, I relised a few locations we can probs go to.

Accommodation for Alnwick castle and Edinburgh
My granddad and step gran (I will refer to as "Maggie") live on the border of scotland and england, in Berwick upon tweed, which gives us a perfect opportunity to do some location work in Northumberland and Edinburgh as he lives about 45 min drive from each, Also Maggie owns a flat, which if we have an adult with us I am sure we can use located in Edinburgh as long as its vacent.

Transport
We can get to both Berwick and Edinburgh by train. Or we could go by car if we had an adult (probs a good idea if we are using the flat...possibly jesso and HE***?)

Alnwick Castle
This I thought would be good for castle scenes. Theres a few passage ways ect we can film in from what I can remember. It also has a castle…So obviously we can have a proper castle for H.C. It also has amazing grounds/Gardens!

Photo gallerys
- Exterior
- Interior
- Gardens

Edinburgh
Loads of cool little gardens and places for running shots ect…Nice city to go to do some small rushes in. Also possible to get to the top of the castle to film stuff Very Happy

Photo gallerysUsing google images as it gives a better overview
Google images results

York:
Has walls and is old, and another good place for bits and bobs

Accommodation:
Yet another relative (My Nan) Lives like a 30 min drive from york. But I recon we could film in loads of places in Yorkshire =]

Transport
The train to Berwick/Edinburgh goes through York station, also the motorway is junctiond near my nan’s house

Photo gallerys
Sorry yet another google images

I hope this helps Smile Don’t have to use them. But they are lush places-And I fancy a WEP road trip…Also a lot cooler to be able to say we’ve filmed around the UK. Also means for some scenes you could nick some gamers off forums to be in them, if they live in the area Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iatetheinternet
Admin
iatetheinternet

Location : In a fridge, and I could use some help getting out...

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:01 pm

That is bloody good. Im just disapointed there arent that many interior pictures, but it looks good and sounds cool for a certain day trip! nice work.
Back to top Go down
https://wideeyedp.forummotion.com
Hungry Hippo

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down
iatetheinternet
Admin
iatetheinternet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:27 pm

Awesome! I think we should use an equal amount of here and blenheim. Thanks for the update HH!
Back to top Go down
Hungry Hippo

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:58 pm

Tis ok IATI Very Happy. It does need discussing with the other guys. Cos Ovbously we are going to have to talk and persuade lots of people...I shall list:
1) My sister (if we go by car)
2)My grandparents
3)Alnwick castle

Also evryone needed will have to pay something towards fule (or a train ticket)
Back to top Go down
Hungry Hippo

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:24 am

cool...This video gives a good overview- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9zTXThuem8

Link, whats ur thoughts?
Back to top Go down
iatetheinternet
Admin
iatetheinternet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 am

I bet that you didnt know that thats where they filmed the first two harry potters?
Back to top Go down
Hungry Hippo

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:41 am

I did Smile
Back to top Go down
iatetheinternet
Admin
iatetheinternet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:55 am

Dang...
Back to top Go down
Hungry Hippo

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:11 pm

Lol. I went just after the first HP was filmed
Back to top Go down
Link
Link

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:59 am

its real kwl!.... but .... didnt you say it was on the boarder of england and scotland... Thats miles away! and i dont think my parents would probobly let me go all the way up there and go in a flat with some of you're relatives as she hasnt even seen you yet... but, its still really kwl, you did well =)
Back to top Go down
https://wideeyedp.forummotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)   Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion locations: Alnwick castle |Edinburgh |York(shire)
Page 1 of 1